Patricia Paz “Tish” Bautista, the spouse of Commission on Elections (Comelec) Chair Andres Bautista, revealed that her husband would possibly amassed almost P1 billion worth of ill-gotten wealth.
She additionally met President Rodrigo Duterte on August 1, 5 days earlier than she submitted the affidavit to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) informing the nation’s chief that she found had found a number of passbooks in addition to financial institution and actual property paperwork underneath her husband’s identify and a few of his kin that weren’t included in his 2016 SALN.
In her affidavit, Patricia mentioned that her husband is ‘liable to be impeached’ as a result of Andres Bautista is the present Comelec Chair.
Bautista was appointed to the Comelec by then former President Benigno Aquino in May 2010, he was additionally appointed by Aquino in 2010 as Presidential Commission on Good Government, the company tasked to recuperate the ill-gotton wealth of former President Ferdinand Marcos.
According to the information report of Inquirer, these have been the info disclosed by Patricia to President Duterte and to the NBI.
• 35 Luzon Development Bank (LDB) passbooks with a complete steadiness of P329,220,962
• A international foreign money account with Rizal Commercial Banking Corp. RCBC) with $12,778.30, or P640,959.53 (at P50.16 [as of Aug. 4] to $1.00)
• An RCBC peso account with P257,931.60
• An HSBC account with HK$948,358.97 or P6.10 million (at P6.43 to HK$1.00)
• A condominium unit in One Bonifacio High Street at Bonifacio Global City (BGC) in Taguig City
• A condominium unit in The District in San Francisco, California
Patricia mentioned that he was not conscious of the different actual properties listed in her husband’s SALN.
She additionally mentioned that her husband at all times saved her in the darkish when it got here to their wealth.
Patricia additionally found that her husband invested huge quantity of cash overseas “in form of his interest in corporations and loan agreements” that weren’t declared in his SALN:
• Bauman Enterprises Ltd., an organization established in the British Virgin Islands on Sept. 29, 2010; a trustee firm that Bautista arrange with Bank of Singapore.
• Mantova International Ltd., established in Brunei Darussalam on April 26, 2011.
• Mega Achieve Inc., established in Anguilla, a British abroad territory in the Caribbean, on July 15, 2014,
She requested Andy about these firms, however her husband denied that he was concerned in these investments.
Patricia mentioned that since 2013, she already wished to separate with Andres Bautista.
She additionally search some assist to President Duterte as a result of she’s afraid that Bautista and his connections would possibly do one thing unhealthy to her.
“I am getting scared… I am holding these stuff. I don’t know what it is. I don’t know how far-reaching it is. I don’t know what to do, right?” Patricia mentioned.
“So I would think that the safest place to bring this is there (referring to Malacañang), because at the end of the day, this is the President. This is as high as it goes,” she added.
Patricia mentioned that the President was a lot ‘surprised’ when she revealed the alleged ill-gotten wealth of the Comelec chair.
Patricia additionally instructed the press that Andres Bautista lower off all the monetary help to his household, to strain her to surrender the paperwork that she found.
“although extremely professionally qualified, should not be allowed to hold any government position as a consequence of the possible ramifications of what I have found.” Patricia mentioned in her affidavit.
Comelec chair Bautista is just not but giving any official assertion on the revelation of his spouse towards him.