Students taking over a Doctor of Medicine diploma in eight state universities and schools (SUCs) will enjoy free tuition for varsity yr 2017 to 2018, due to a P317.1-million funds allotted by the Commission on Higher Education.
New and persevering with college students at the following SUCs will be capable of avail themselves of the free tuition coverage:
– University of the Philippines Manila
– University of the Philippines Leyte
– Cagayan State University
– University of Southern Philippines
– Mariano Marcos State University
– Bicol University
– West Visayas State University
– Mindanao State University
To qualify for the program, a scholar should fulfill the following necessities:
1. Pass the admission necessities of the SUC
2. Enroll in approved Doctor of Medicine packages of the SUCs
three. Maintain a basic weighted common (GWA) of no less than a passing grade
four. Carry a common educational load and full the diploma inside the interval allowed in the college
CHED Commissioner and spokesperson Prospero De Vera stated the allocation of a multimillion-peso funds for drugs college students was completed in response to the persevering with lack of docs in the nation.
De Vera stated drugs college students who will enjoy free tuition must render a one-year return service in the Philippines for yearly of money grant acquired. They can function docs in authorities or non-public hospitals, native authorities well being services or change into docs to the barrios.