GALVESTON, Texas — The US Coast Guard is giving up its search of a bit of the Gulf of Mexico for a crewmember missing from a Royal Caribbean cruise ship. In an announcement, the Coast Guard says it suspended its search for Norman DeCastro round noon Tuesday. That was after it had searched greater than 5,000 sq. nautical miles for the 39-year-old Filipino crewmember of the cruise ship Liberty of the Seas by sea and air since DeCastro was reported missing early Monday. The ship was 170 miles southeast of Galveston when the DeCastro was reported as missing at four:30 a.m. Monday. A Coast Guard assertion says the crewmember had been final seen at 1:30 a.m. Monday on th…

Keep on studying: US Coast Guard ends search for Filipino seafarer

Source: inquirer

SHARE