This undated photo provided by the Armed Forces of the Philippines, people stand by boats which the military said were used by Abu Sayyaf militants to enter the Ibananga River in Bohol province, central Philippines, as government troopers continue clearing operations Wednesday, April 12, 2017. Philippine troops battling militants in a central province killed Moammar Askali, a key Abu Sayyaf commander who had been blamed for the beheadings of two Canadians and a German hostage and was apparently attempting another kidnapping mission, Military chief of staff Gen. Eduardo Ano said Wednesday. (3rd ID, Armed Forces of the Philippines via AP)

This undated photograph supplied by the Armed Forces of the Philippines, individuals stand by boats which the army stated have been utilized by Abu Sayyaf militants to enter the Ibananga River in Bohol province, central Philippines, as authorities troopers proceed clearing operations Wednesday, April 12, 2017. Philippine troops battling militants in a central province killed Moammar Askali, a key Abu Sayyaf commander who had been blamed for the beheadings of two Canadians and a German hostage and was apparently trying one other kidnapping mission, Military chief of employees Gen. Eduardo Ano stated Wednesday. (third ID, Armed Forces of the Philippines by way of AP)

CEBU CITY– Government troops continued to search for two armed men noticed alongside the seaside traces of Barangay (village) San Vicente on Olango Island on Thursday afternoon.

Barangay captain Cyrus Eyas stated the sightings and the presence of presidency troopers created worry particularly amongst residents of Sitios (subvillage) Basdaku and Baskural, the place the 2 armed men have been reportedly seen.

At least 25 households from Sitio Basdaku evacuated to the close by Sta. Rosa Elementary School at 9 p.m. on Thursday and spent the evening there.

They began returning to their properties at 5 a.m. on Friday.

“The residents were very scared,” stated Eyas.

He raised the likelihood that the 2 have been members of the bandit group Abu Sayyaf Group who have been being hunted down in Inabanga city in Bohol after participating the federal government troops in intense gunfire final week.

READ: Hunt on for Abu Sayyaf bandits in Bohol conflict

Inabanga is situated throughout Olango Island and is a bit of over an hour journey by pumpboat.

“We suspect that the two were looking for medicines and food,” stated Eyas.

But he admitted that the search for the 2 armed men wouldn’t be simple as a result of the 2 could possibly be hiding within the 1,100-hectare of mangrove forest on the chicken sanctuary in San Vicente.

There was even risk that they may have already left the island on Thursday evening.

A feminine resident who lives close to the boundary of Sitios Basdaku and Basrukal claimed seeing two armed men about 1 p.m. on Thursday.

The resident, Eyas stated, was supposed to answer the decision of nature when she noticed the 2 men about 20 meters away.

The two wore jackets and have been bringing backpacks and lengthy firearms. A bit of fabric coated their faces besides for the eyes.
“One man appeared to be weak because he was being supported by his companion while walking,” stated Eyas.

Alarmed, the feminine resident instantly reported what she noticed to village officers within the barangay corridor.

Eyas stated they then referred to as for police help. Two hours later, round 20 authorities troopers from the Philippine Navy, Philippine Army and Special Weapons and Tactics arrived Barangay San Vicente round three p.m.

Bursts of gunfire have been heard shortly after arrival. AU/rga

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get entry to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & different 70+ titles, share as much as 5 devices, hearken to the information, obtain as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

Source: inquirer

SHARE