PNP Chief Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa urged the individuals to not panic following the attack at Resorts World Manila in Pasay City on Friday midnight.
He said that the attack within the on line casino is not related to terrorism, as a result of nobody received harm by the attack and the suspect solely destroyed the playing space within the second flooring of the constructing.
Bato said that they’ll’t attribute the incident to terrorism till there’s no proof gathered.
“Sa ating mamamayan, wag po kayong mag-panic. This is not a cause for alarm. Alerto lang tayo” PNP Chief Ronald Bato Dela Rosa said.
According to the authorities,just one suspect recognized. The masked suspect is international trying, mild skinned, about six foot tall, presumably a gambler who misplaced his sanity as a result of for shedding huge amount of cash in playing.
Bato additionally said that the suspect looked for cash, however he solely received a pack of inexperienced playing chips price P1-M.
“Puwedeng robbery ito, dahil pera ang hinahanap, nagnakaw siya ng mga chips [gambling chips].” He said.
He additionally said that the Islamic State claimed the attack within the Casino due to propaganda and to seize the eye of the world.
“ISIS can claim what they want because of propaganda,” Dela Rosa said.
Bato said that the suspect didn’t harm the friends of the Casino, however solely destroyed the TVs and different issues contained in the playing room. The suspect additionally stole the chips.
“As of now, we cannot claim this is a terror attack, why? kasi wala siyang ginawang violence, wala siyang sinaktan,” he said.
There are not any confirmed stories of gunshot wounds, solely accidents from the individuals who ran for his or her security.
The PNP Director General said that there’s a excessive risk that the suspect who nonetheless at massive, can be arrested by the authorities.
“Kung hindi siya lumabas sa building, mahuhuli ‘yan, sa dami ng tropa nating nakapalibot huli yan,” he said.
Bato additionally said that the administration of Resorts World didn’t knowledgeable the authorities earlier in regards to the scenario contained in the constructing they usually tried to deal with the scenario with out the assistance of the police.
Dela Rosa declared that the scenario contained in the Resorts World Manila constructing is closing to regular as a result of all rooms are already cleared.
Additional PNP-Special Action Forces (SAF) personnel have arrived at Resorts World Manila to arrest the suspect.