The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) has not launched P112.2 million the End of Service Benefits (ESB), to abroad Filipino staff(OFW) for greater than 10 years.
In its annual audit report on the DFA ending in December 2016, the Commission on Audit stated the the state physique stated the Office of the Undersecretary for Migrant Workers Affairs (OUMWA) couldn’t account for the ESBs in addition to the death benefits for the OFWS price roughly P2 million..
COA stated the DFA was remiss in the disbursement of the benefits that weren’t in accordance with present guidelines and rules. COA stated a part of DFA’s mandated operate was to guard OFWs and promote their welfare.
But administration stated the Department of Labor and Unemployment and OWWA had been reluctant to simply accept the duty for receiving and releasing the ESB.
The OUMWA defined that the delayed or non-release of benefits was attributed to a number of components:
* use of substitute title of OFWs, failure to achieve an amicable settlement among the many opposed claimants,
* unlawful and undocumented staff
*incomplete documentary necessities
* a number of marriages
* illegitimate kids
* household disputes
* discrepancies and inconsistencies between information
* no recognized beneficiary
* unknown/untraceable whereabouts of the beneficiaries
* failure of recipients to open checking account as a result of fund restraints.
The COA group beneficial to Management to switch the disposition of funds to the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) which has full knowledge on the OFWs and their dependents, beneficiaries, or next-of-kin.(MLMG/PNA)