Incoming medical students can now take pleasure in free tuition payment in eight universities and schools (SUC) for tutorial 12 months 2017-2018.
Commission on Higher Education (CHED) has allotted ₱317-M from its 2017 funds to present the free tuition payment to all aspiring docs within the Philippines.
According to CHED, medical students of these eight SUCs can benefit from the full tuition subsidy by way of the Cash and Grants to Medical Students Enrolled in State Universities and Colleges program:
- University of Northern Philippines
- Mariano Marcos State University
- Cagayan State University
- Bicol University
- West Visayas State University
- University of the Philippines Manila School of Health Sciences in Leyte
- Mindanao State University
- University of the Philippines-Manila
To qualify for this system, a scholar should:
- go the admission necessities of the SUC,
- be enrolled within the approved Doctor of Medicine program of the choose SUCs,
- keep a common weighted common of not less than a passing grade, and
- carry an everyday tutorial load and full a level inside the interval allowed by the college.
Applicants should submit an achieved kind immediately to the SUC, along with the required paperwork, together with the copy of grades for the newest semester or time period attended.
For yearly of money grant that the coed obtained, CHED Commissioner Prospero De Vero III mentioned that students will have to render a one-year return service to the Philippines.
Students who would obtain the money grant should function docs in authorities or personal hospitals, native authorities well being amenities or barrio docs.
“This initiative is a response to the continuing lack of doctors in the country caused by the high cost of medical education, overseas migration, and brain drain,” De Vera mentioned in a assertion.
DSWD secretary Lorraine Badoy, believes that President Rodrigo Duterte needs to comply with Cuba’s well being care system by giving free medical schooling to the aspiring docs within the Philippines.
Cuba has the bottom affected person per physician on this planet, attaining one physician per 170 folks. In the Philippines, there’s just one physician per 33,000 folks.