The viral interview of BBC HARDtalk host Stephen Sackur to senator Antonio Trillanes IV tremendously raised the reputation of the outstanding journalist to social media customers in the Philippines.
According to some supporters of President Duterte, they by no means anticipated journalist from a western nation would made an unbiased interview to the fiercest critic of the present administration.
Netizens had been entertained how the direct and frank Stephen Sackur actually gave a tough discuss to senator Antonio Trillanes IV who took the probability to criticize the President in the worldwide media.
Several Duterte supporters even wrote an open letter to thank the BBC host for what he did.
MJ Quiambao Reyes, a pro-Duterte blogger wrote an open letter to the BBC Host and praised him for doing an in-depth analysis earlier than interviewing senator Trillanes.
She additionally gave some info that Stephen Sackur can use when he determined to interview one other member of the opposition in his present.
Allow me please to right and add just a few info which can be useful in your future episodes/interviews:
1. The current admin., opposite to what this overly formidable Mr. Trillanes desires the worldwide group to consider, has no propaganda machine. It is the different method round: The Duterte detractors–composed largely of narcopoliticians, shedding political get together, and grasping oligarchs immediately and not directly linked to some native & international information businesses and whose lives and wealth are clearly threatened by the new admin–are the ones relentlessly spending multi-millions and are desperately transferring heaven and earth to overthrow the President.
2. Meanwhile, it’s us, the tens of millions of abnormal Filipinos worldwide and energetic Filipino netizens, who stepped up voluntarily and are utilizing the social media to assist right the false narratives and distorted info that the likes of Mr. Trillanes have been feeding the worldwide group.
three. The “7,000/9,000” is the whole variety of homicide/murder circumstances–a lot of the mentioned determine are usually not associated to the on-going drug conflict.
three. In the earlier admin previous to Duterte, the annual murder & homicide circumstances had been 11,500-16,200 (2011-2015).
four. There at the moment are 1.three million drug personalities who surrenderered–alive and unhurt.
5. There are about 83,000 drug personalities arrested–alive and unhurt.
6. Contrary to Mr. Trillanes’ declare, the 1.three million drug personalities who surrendered and the 83Okay arrested are usually not all poor. Several high-value targets had been arrested or killed throughout reputable police operations–together with rich and highly effective politicians in addition to police scalawags who had been linked to drug syndicates.
7. Our govt. has put in place mega drug rehab facilities and has additionally launched a number of rehabilitation and reintegration packages.
eight. Total crime price in the Philippines has dropped by about 30% in comparison with earlier yr.
Quiambao additionally steered to Sackur that he might invite President Rodrigo Duterte and Vice President Leni Robredo in his present.
Krizette Laureta Chu, certainly one of the first pro-Duterte bloggers who watched the interview of Stephen Sackur to senator Trillanes, thanked him for ‘exposing how ignorant, malicious, and stup*d senator Trillanes is in this hard hitting interview’
Chu informed Sackur in his letter that there isn’t any Duterte propaganda machine and she defined that largely of the Duterte supporters are consisted of ‘patriotic, hopeful Filipinos who see Duterte’s imaginative and prescient and appreciates it’
She even tried to succeed in Sackur and thanked him